got any cool dingy destinations out of cruz bay?

Travel discussion for St. John
overman

got any cool dingy destinations out of cruz bay?

Post by overman »

...on a whim taking a dinghy for the day thursday...any advice from dinghy vets out there?
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We hit one of the Cays for a picnic lunch then onto Hawsnest/Gibney...Denis...Jumbie...Trunk beached it for awhile and the kids got out and explored and went snorkling.

Kids said it was the highlight of the trip...so, we'll be doing it againthis year
overman

Post by overman »

thanks BC, was it henley key across from turtle bay? ...it's a south facing beach and looks like a sweet stop...was it tough crossing that channel, it's still choppy here. oman.
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Henly Cay I believe and it had a picnic table on it...Our kids thought it so cool to be on a deserted Island for lunch.

There was a chop and boat traffic, but NOT overwhelming
overman

Post by overman »

nice...lunch on henley cay...if not, you'll hear about us on the 6 o'clock news...'we begin tonight in the us virgin islands, an american couple set out for a deserted island picnic lunch when...
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

"THESE Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty !"
Smiles-
MJ
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

mahojim wrote:"THESE Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty !"
Smiles-
MJ
These Pretzels are making me THIRSTY...very funny
overman

Post by overman »

...?
alw1977

Post by alw1977 »

I may be a little late on this one, but my favorite place is Waterlemon Cay. I've been to Henley Cay as well - very nice little place. I went on a small catamaran though, not a dinghy. The crossing can be rough, depending on sea conditions.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

overman wrote:...?
Just jealous, man...
Wish we were there to meet up for a few chilly drinky-dinky-doo's!
Smiles-
MJ
samoka

Post by samoka »

We went to waterlemon cay in a dinghy - it was a bit choppy around the point but not too bad - but we are boaters here in NH - the worst part was trying to get back in the dinghy when we were done snorkeling.
Rbaron721

Post by Rbaron721 »

samoka wrote:We went to waterlemon cay in a dinghy - it was a bit choppy around the point but not too bad - but we are boaters here in NH - the worst part was trying to get back in the dinghy when we were done snorkeling.
I agree. Waterlemon is the place to be. I really didn't have trouble getting back to my dinghy though and I am not really in good shape. I'm 5'9", 145 lbs but I havent exercised in a while and I get winded going up more than one flight of stairs. This place has excellent snorkeling, wildlife and a really cool tiny beach.
Russ