Dinghy Rental

Travel discussion for St. John
Pike9382

Dinghy Rental

Post by Pike9382 »

Does anyone have a good point of contact for a dinghy rental? I googled "st john dinghy rental" and found several links, but I would prefer to use somebody that I know has a good reputation and offers a good rate. Definitely looking for at least a 13' dinghy with a steering console.

Thanks,

Tom
stj4me

Post by stj4me »

If you want a steering console you will want to go with Calypso rentals. They charge more but you get a center console and an electronic tilt for the motor. If you can get your hands on the latest edition of St. John magazine, they have an excellent article on how to spend a day out on the water with a dinghy.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We used Noah's Little Arks. We had a good experience. Found the web site on google and made the call before we left home. One of my favorite days of vacation.
Mango

Post by Mango »

This link has both Calypso & Noah's info:
http://www.divelowkey.com/dinghies.html
Pianogrl

Post by Pianogrl »

We use Calypso each time we rent a dinghy cause we like the bigger ones with the center steering console. They are great to work with & I'd hightly recommend them.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Calypso is your only option if you want console steer. I have used them. They are great and you will have a blast. We hit Waterlemon first, then worked our way back to Cruz Bay, hitting several other beaches and snorkel spots.
INfamily

Post by INfamily »

Is it practical/possible to rent a dinghy for 6 adults? Or would it be too crowded?
Our 2 daughters are bringing their boyfriends this year and I thought it might be fun to rent a dinghy for the day.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Don't know if it is possible, but it certainly wouldn't be practical or safe. The rental rates are very reasonable, so I would rent 2 boats.
Connie

Post by Connie »

We had a great time, twice on Noah's, but I would definetly recommend a center console. You can really get thrown around sitting on the top of the dinghy.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

We have rented from Noah's in the past, but that center console on the ones from Calypso looks pretty snazzy. Where is Calypso located?
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Paul

Post by Paul »

We had our orientation and boarded the boat at the dock in front of the National Park Visitors Center. I believe they have a small office above Margarita Phil's. We completed all the paperwork at the dock.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

Do they also have a cat for sunset sails? I think we did that...it was the time of the infamous, drunk girl doing a pole dance on the support for the canopy. Ah, good times, good times.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Paul

Post by Paul »

Yes,they do. In fact, when we were leaving Waterlemon, we saw them anchored nearby. They spotted us and waved us over and offered us all a painkiller!
LandLockedBeachLover

Post by LandLockedBeachLover »

Can you fit 2 adults and 2 kids in a dinghy?
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

LandLockedBeachLover wrote:Can you fit 2 adults and 2 kids in a dinghy?
Yes, We fit 3 adults and 3 kids into a dinghy.