Aerie Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
nancyr84

Aerie Villa

Post by nancyr84 »

Came across this Villa on VRBO it is also listed on another site at a much higher rental price. It really looks charming from some of the photos. Has anyone stayed
there? Wondering about pool area and if it gets sun and actual view from decks etc.
Nancy
Always planning my next escape
MizzEtta

Post by MizzEtta »

I am bumping this up because I was interested in this villa as well and I do not see any responses here......

Anyone? :)
Diana2

Post by Diana2 »

I've been through this villas but never stayed there. It's actually been several years ago so I don't remember much detail. I just remember that it was very very cute and probably great for 2 or 3 people. It is very small and the pool is tiny but good enough to get you wet. At that time I don't believe there was any AC but I think there is AC in the lower bedroom?? now. Sorry but I can't tell you much about how much sun the pool are gets. I don't think the view includes a view of the water from that villa as it sits it faces kind of south south west I would say you have a nice view of Bordeaux Mtn.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I've looked into staying at this villa in the past. Windspree and VRBO listed it for the same price. Last summer when just about every villa was offering great discounts, I asked if there were further discounts for Aerie but they wouldn't budge on the price so we stayed elsewhere. We ended up getting another villa for half off the low season rate. The only characteristics I remember reading online are that Aerie is more run-down than it appears in pictures and that the pool is cold. I might be remembering wrong but I think I saw it listed for sale when we were on STJ in either June or November of this year.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
BillyD

Post by BillyD »

We've stayed at Aerie multiple times when the original owners had the place. There is a deck extending off the pool area that gets sun. There is also a view of St. Thomas from the porch, not one of those ear-to-ear sort of views, but the charm of this place is how it is built into the mountain and the layout of the house.

We've put as many as 4 people in the house - I'd say that is pushing it. Yes....the pool is a bit cold, but it is a "plunge" pool so you plunge in and get out!

Can't speak to the current condition of the place as it has been about 4 years since we've stayed there. There was no AC at the time, but we've never done the AC thing on STJ so I'm probably not the guy to ask whether it is needed there or not. The house sits REALLY high on Ajax - gives you a very peaceful top of the world feeling but doesn't have the crazy micro-climate like staying on Bordeaux does.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

BillyD, how do you get to Aerie from Centerline Road?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
BillyD

Post by BillyD »

I believe it is Ajax Mtn Road(?) Heading toward Coral Bay on Centerline it is the first left past the Smoothy Stand. Road is mostly paved now....not nearly as exciting as it used to be!!