Mom doesn't want me to go on vacation!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

byado18 wrote:I love the part about the cats! :-)
Me too! I have been told MANY times that the cats need a guardian, that mom will not take care of them.
sherban

Post by sherban »

That's funny....my mom still worries too...she knows better than to tell me not to go on vacation though....because she wants me to call her back sometime.

Think about how different the world is now from when they were 30 yrs old...now everyone is getting emails while in a jet on a runway, downloading documents while in a cab....making entire trip reservations via a forum and the internet!!

This is alot different than what they grew up with. My dad is trying like hell to use a laptop in his 80s...he has figured out basic emails and is ready to try attachments now....hehehe
verjoy

Post by verjoy »

Dear CG~

Yes, the New Madrid seismic zone has the potential of great destruction. The series of quakes in 1811-12 ranged (by some estimations) from 8.1 to 10 on the mercalli scale. We are unlikely to get anything of that magnitude in the near future, but scientists (according to USGS) predict by 2040 a greater than 90% chance of at least a magnitude 6 to 7 quake.

We keep our earthquake insurance up to date.
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Yes, bring her with! She will never say that again!
Terry

Post by Terry »

Sherban,
I know that you are younger than me, but your humor and comments are right on.

If my parents were still alive, they would still be sending smoke signals to communicate, not text messages. Gotta love 'em.

You brought up a valid point...just think about the technology that has taken place since WII and a whole generation. Heck I remember the first Quip machine and faxing on it...and does anyone remember the "floppy disk" and if you didn't have two disk drives it drove you crazy?

Okay...Connie...take Mom with you, she'll be driving on the left before you know it! :-)
Connie

Post by Connie »

I think Mom sometimes drives on the left here in PA :D

Last night, I got called over to her house (she only lives a mile from me) because she couldn't shut off her cell phone.

Me: Hold THIS button down
Her: I have!
Me: MOM!! Hold it down, keep it down to you hear it shut down. Here the music Mom?
Her: OK...got it
Her: How do I turn it back on?

I show her. I read over some insurance papers that even I don't understand, she bitches about the color of her hair...as always.

I get home. Almost as soon as I walk in the door, she calls me to tell me that the damn phone isn't working. That it only works for me. She wants a new one.

I swear, I'm a saint. I love my Mom.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Holy beans, Connie!
You & your mom are friggin' adorable!
Let her know that My Sweet Amy & I (and possibly Island Elle & hubby) will be baby-sitting you for a day or so on vaca.
Can't wait!
Smiles-
Jimmy
sherban

Post by sherban »

Connie- I agree with MJ, ya'll are hilarious...parents can be "very funny"...
Connie

Post by Connie »

I really have daily stories like that. I definetly have to start a blog. My one brother and myself laugh about these things that happen all the time. She also had the strange way of twisting around words that is hysterical.

Today it's about owing the IRS. Mom, you're 86, how much could you owe?

My brother in law..his name is Bilyeu...sound like BILL YOU. Shes known him for 35 years. She still calls him Billiard. Just can't stop her.

Anyway..that's my Mom.
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Connie I think I would like your Mom! :D
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
Connie

Post by Connie »

From that one conversation I had with my Mom on the phone, I've started a blog. It starts with that phone call. I'm going to post everyday, so if anybody is interested, here's the link.

http://mycrazymomandfam.blogspot.com/