What is the name of the villa just inside Ditleff Point gate

Travel discussion for St. John
casco

What is the name of the villa just inside Ditleff Point gate

Post by casco »

Not sure if it is in the villa rental pool or not but does anyone know the name of the villa that is just through the Ditleff Point gate? It is a stone structure with a crows nest lookout. Further out from this villa is the road that leads to the in-progress villas out on Ditleff.
hugo

Post by hugo »

I'd imagine the reason there's been no response is that there isn't any villa just inside the gate. There are two about halfway out that are just now getting finished--I haven't looked close for a while , but I doubt they're totally done; there's another big something happening out at the end.
casco

Post by casco »

I'm sitting here directly across from the villa and it looks like it is just inside the Ditleff gate. It may actually be reachable via some other hidden road but I'd bet it is accessed through the Ditleff gate. I'll post a picture when I'm home.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

By chance, I just found this house online today and remembered someone was asking about it. At least I think this is the house, as it does have a crow's nest. Here's a link to their website, if you are interested in seeing what's out on Ditleff now:

http://kaleidoscopeusvi.com/

Seems awfully expensive...
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Pia

Post by Pia »

I don't think this one is just inside the gate - I believe it is the newly completed one on/close to the point (might be mistaken though)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

The villa in that link is the one that's about halfway down Dittliff. When I was there in early November I snorkeled down from Klein Bay and got a good look at the place from the water. It must have just been completed because there were still lots of construction going on in November when I was there. We stayed in a place on Gifft Hill that overlooked Dittliff and there are no villas just inside the gate. We also drove down there hoping to get through the gate to access the beach because we saw cars and construction vehicles going in and out (no luck). You can't see any villas from the gate area at all so there's nothing close. From our deck on Gifft Hill we could see this one halfway down and then some newer construction just starting right at the tip. I couldn't tell whether there was other construction on the eastern side, but if there was it had to be very low on the cliffs so I doubt that there was anything being built there.
casco

Post by casco »

I'm th OP and that is the villa. That is definately the villa about which I was inquiring. From my vantage point in Fish Bay, it looked to be inside the Ditleff gate. Thanks Liam
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

liamsaunt wrote:By chance, I just found this house online today and remembered someone was asking about it. At least I think this is the house, as it does have a crow's nest. Here's a link to their website, if you are interested in seeing what's out on Ditleff now:

it only costs a half of year of college :shock: :shock:
casco

Post by casco »

Agreed it is way too expensive, many other really nice places that are much cheaper.
sailorgirl

Post by sailorgirl »

shoemak38 wrote:
liamsaunt wrote:By chance, I just found this house online today and remembered someone was asking about it. At least I think this is the house, as it does have a crow's nest. Here's a link to their website, if you are interested in seeing what's out on Ditleff now:

it only costs a half of year of college :shock: :shock:
More like a third of our tuition bill :-(