Any killer recipes for Christmas cookies out there?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Wow CG - you're giving me some competition!! LOL. Hey, I'm glad you like the freezing method. I do too. Tonight I baked the raspberry pistachio thumbprints, maple logs and I whipped up some choc chip with whole pecans on top for a loved one who's a pecan lover. My husband requested a cheesecake for Christmas Eve so I'll have to switch out of the cookie baking mode. I found some gorgeous strawberries today so those can go with the cheesecake and maybe a little raspberry couli to decorate the plate. I'm going back to the hors d'ouvres format. My son has requested Cioppino for the last several years but he won't be back from Iraq for Christmas and we're having a friend over who won't eat fish in any way, shape or form so that scratches Cioppino!
This year it will be beef and chicken satay with peanut dipping sauce and other finger foods. I'll see what else moves me that day. Maybe some brie baked in puff pastry? Only the Shadow knows....
lexi

Post by lexi »

:cry: Alright so I try to be a baker for most of Sunday afternoon. I attempted to make most of the recipes in this thread. Started with the Salted nut bars, and then tried to make the Cran-Crackle bars. Leave it to me to screw them both up! Not sure how… but I did! :( I gave up on trying to make the rest after those disasters. I’m going to stop after work at the store with my list of ingredients and give them all another try. I’m thinking the Cookie & Cream just might be my winner…can’t really mess those up! :D The Cookie Exchange is tomorrow at work so I’ll post the outcome afterwards. Hmmm thinking…should I just pick up a package of Oreo’s and chips ahoy and serves those on a nice platter?!? :?: :shock: :?:
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Lexi - I'm so sorry yours didn't turn out. Which part didn't work?
lexi

Post by lexi »

Lindy ~ No worries...it's just me! Even with nice and simple instructions...I can still mess up! Good thing my boyfriend isn't with me for my cooking/baking stills! :lol: I'm going to try again tonight because I'm not giving in that easily!
Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Better luck this time!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Drumroll..... It's our time to shine, bakers! I hope our families are full, fat and happy with the fruits of our labor (of love).
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Believe it or not, I still need to make more cookies today!! Only one more tin to go (for my nephew & his family tomorrow), but hubby managed to make my "stock" disappear! No worries... I glad he likes my cookies enough to disappear them!

Merry Christmas everyone!
lexi

Post by lexi »

The verdict is in….my coworkers loved what I made! Hope, they weren’t just being nice. Not sure what I different but hey, I’m happy it all turned out. I only made the salted nut bars, cran-crackle bars and chocolate chip cookies. I think I’m going to try to make the coffee toffee bars on Saturday. :D
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Bumping for newbies

It is that time of year so I searched for the old cookie thread. I love Lindy's tips for freezing! Last year I froze a few and baked them on Christmas Day. My family loves them fresh out of the oven.

Happy baking!
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

Lindy started a new thread this year -

"Time to start a new Cookie Thread" - just a few down from the top.
janet
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Right, Janet. I guess I am always breaking forum rules. I saw the new thread but few, if any, of these recipes were included. I thought people would be interested. Specifically, people who did not know about the old cookie thread. My bad. Thank you Lindy for posting.
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

No rules broken. Didn't want you to miss the new stuff.
janet
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks for the bump! I'd cut my cookie baking to bare bones this year, but this reminded me of the Cran-crackle bars and Connie's toffee bars, and they just had to be added in.
I missed chatting here about our baking this year. Next year I'll be back to my old tricks :)