Looking to share a boat charter in January

Travel discussion for St. John
Ms.Montana

Looking to share a boat charter in January

Post by Ms.Montana »

We are looking for another couple to share in a full day boat charter to Jost and for some snorkeling sometime between January 17 and 23. Any takers?
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Ms. Montana-- It would probably be helpful if you identified which company you were thinking about going with and what the prices are per couple or person.

We've been very fortunate to hook up with folks on this forum for these kinds of adventures and had a wonderful time. I just find that the more info you provide the more interest you may generate.

I would also recommend spending a bit more time on the forum. I think folks will feel more comfortable taking you up on your offer if you post and interact more with fellow forumites.

People generally (but not always) need to get a sense of your personality and who your are before they commit a few hundred dollars and a day of their vacation with total strangers.

Just my .02.

Good luck!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
zaneyjaney

Post by zaneyjaney »

Hey!
I'll vouch for she & her spouse! I was on a Lion in Da Sun charter with them last January.
They are great people! We're meeting them for drinks when we get there this time as well. :D
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Ms Montana---Would love to, but we don't arrive until January 27. I had been thinking about finding someone to share a boat with end of January/ beginning of February. Good thought.
---Jim
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Iowaguy,

We will arrive on January 30th and depart February 11th and we'd like to share a charter. Let's see if our boat day itineraries sync up. We've shared with Brenda, CaptJay and mrscaptjay and Sun4MySoul, and jclampet in the past (feel free to ask them for input :) )

Counting down the days :)
NancyB
Ms.Montana

Post by Ms.Montana »

Thanks Jane for the thumbs up! Like Jane said we went with Lion in Da Sun last year and had a great time the Jane, her husband and another couple that we arrange through this forum. It worked out great. I'm a bit of a lurker but know this forum very well even if you don't know me. We are not all that fussy about what charter we go with. There are so many good ones that are recommended here. I was leaning toward Cleve but we are open to anything. We do want to go with a 6 person limit. There are 4 of us now so we just need one more couple. Buy the way - it's suppose to be -27 here Monday night. SJ can't come soon enough for me! :P
chitownchick

Post by chitownchick »

Hey Iowaguy & NancyB,

My husband & I are arriving in St. Thomas on the 28th of January for a week. We also would like to find people to share a charter with. This is our first time on the Virgin Islands so we don't have anyone who can vouch for us but I can tell you that we're totally cool, laid back, fun people. Our main focus for the day will be snorkeling and Soggy Dollar - the usual stuff! We don't care which day we go and we'd love to go with people who are familiar with the lay of the land and who can clue us in on which charter companies are the best ones.

You can check out our picture on that picture page from a month or two back or I can e-mail you one directly just so you can see that we're not the Creeplies (remember the Flintstone's neighbors?!) :lol:

I already told my husband that the charter will be the highlight of our trip.

Abby
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

chitownchick wrote:Hey Iowaguy & NancyB,

My husband & I are arriving in St. Thomas on the 28th of January for a week. We also would like to find people to share a charter with. This is our first time on the Virgin Islands so we don't have anyone who can vouch for us but I can tell you that we're totally cool, laid back, fun people. Our main focus for the day will be snorkeling and Soggy Dollar - the usual stuff! We don't care which day we go and we'd love to go with people who are familiar with the lay of the land and who can clue us in on which charter companies are the best ones.

You can check out our picture on that picture page from a month or two back or I can e-mail you one directly just so you can see that we're not the Creeplies (remember the Flintstone's neighbors?!) :lol:

I already told my husband that the charter will be the highlight of our trip.

Abby
Abby and Iowaguy,

We'd be game to share a charter that week. We love Josh from Lion in Da Sun so that would be our pick of captains but we're open to suggestions. Ron and I know the lay of the land as this is our 18th or so trip since 2000. Boat days are always the best days :) I can contact Josh and arrange it if we're all good with the plan. Any date preference?

Talk soon!
Nancy
NancyB