Nov 31st or Dec 1st ....It don't matter cause we be on STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
Bill in Va

Nov 31st or Dec 1st ....It don't matter cause we be on STJ

Post by Bill in Va »

Yo troops of the sand. Please sit and grab a wet one to sip. I write this after the forum delegation has just left my 60th celebration here at the Beach Villa. Yes security was tight and all had the engraved invitation. I know the White House couple by the way!
Another great weather day. Mid 80's a little breeze. Tides still are high. Maho had a short beach area on the left hand side as you look out. Bugs seem to be dying off...please join me in a moment of silence.......Not as bad as yesterday. The VI volunteers are busy building a new trail to Jumbie Beach. It looks like a lot of work to me. Thank you volunteers. The round a bout is great. No big deal, just remember that not every one knows the rules as you approach her. Some of the troops went to Vies and Salt Pond today as well. Good reports from all. Shark at Salt Pond was a new one to me. Smallish but still a attention getter. Rumor has it that he is a veghead. Just telling you what I heard. Tofu squid right...Moving on...Just got the low bat warning...God bless my Forum family. We hit Skinnys tomorrow to ring Howie's bell.......Bill
You are never too old to have a happy childhood...
lprof

Post by lprof »

Welcome to the sixties... sounds like you are celebrating in the best of ways. Happy Birthday! :D

Enjoying following the days of your island time....
... no longer a stranger to paradise
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Great way to celebrate 60, Bill! Enjoy, and thanks for the live reports!
---Jim
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Bill......you bring tears to my eyes. Wish we were there with you guys. It's been tooo many years now we haven't seen you. :(

Happy Birthday!!! Hugs and kisses and lots of wishes for a good trip........so much deserved. Love ya guys
Jan & Mike :lol:
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Sounds like a great trip so far. Happy Birthday to you. We viewed Beach Villa last year with Donald Schnell and it was beautiful. Donald is a super nice guy. We stayed at one of his other homes. Enjoy the rest of your stay and I hope the skeeters stay away.
Ring Howie's bell for all the forum members--I remember when he used to post here as well.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

I've seen a smallish shark at Salt Pond Bay - no worries, harmless :)
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

HAPPY 60th !! It's a great b-day, saw mine this past July and real proud of it.

What a way to celebrate it. Good for you. Enjoy the rest of your stay.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
ScottB

Thanks my friend...

Post by ScottB »

Hey buddy, just got off the phone with you, and now am island dreaming. Thank you for calling me while on your vacation, it means a lot. I haven't been on the forum much at all lately, it's very tough when I know I can't get down there. But I just had to read your reports. It was great to hear the joy in your voice as you described your week so far. My love to you and Sandy my brother.....talk soon