MrB

Post by MrB »

XOXO wrote:
MrB wrote:
XOXO wrote: That is pretty rude.

just sayin'

GG
you ain't seen nothin yet, sweetheart.
Have you had a bad day? Do you need a hug? :?
yeah, it started with chemo and just got better. But that has zero to do with it.
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

As I said. I know I made a dumb mistake and was only venting about the rudeness of people. I don't care what mistake anybody makes, there is no excuse for rudeness. Mr B, you must be related to her.
I'm done...
dtenel
Location: My feet are in Michigan....My heart is in St. Thomas

Post by dtenel »

cjroyer~ I am sorry to hear about your problem with the LADY(not the fine for parking). You have clearly stated you knew you were wrong for parking there, and you are right....there is NO excuse for rudeness. I am also sorry for some of the really rude comments you got here on this forum. Usually people are so nice! Don't take it to heart, and please do continue to post on here!
AquaGirl

Post by AquaGirl »

Hi cjroyer - I appreciate your reminder to us not to park in the wrong place and pay attention to signs. Sometimes I think we get lax when we are on vacation and do things like that without thinking about it. We have been guilty of similar things - relaxing on the beach and snorkeling until we drop can cause us to do things that we wouldn't normally do at home. Its really too bad that the lady was so rude. Try not to let it color your time on STJ. I am willing to bet that you had many more great times that overshadow this incident.
Pete (Mr. Marcia)

Post by Pete (Mr. Marcia) »

My issue is with the last line of your post. After admitting that you ignored the sign and parked illegally you had this to say about a local business: "Fish Trap will not be on my list of places to give my business to."

I think that is an irresponsible thing to say on a travel forum. In essence, you are suggesting to fellow travelers that they not go to the Fish Trap because you ignored the signs and used their lot to spend your money elsewhere.

I'm not a MrB apologist, but it is not right to tear a local business down for something that, in all honesty, was your own fault.
Wisconsin, smell the dairy air
Boston Mike

Post by Boston Mike »

I agree with Pete on this one.

I will say that one comment from cjroyer explains it all.

“Traffic was so bad and I saw a spot and just pulled in”

Sounds like someone didn’t have their island feeling flowing. :wink:

Besides everything that transpired cjroyer, I hope you had a good time anyway.

Peace!
Life begins where the land ends!
cjroyer

Post by cjroyer »

The reason for my last line about the Fish Trap was the fact that they employ her to patrol the parking lot. If you had a rude waitress there, would you want to go back again. If they can employ someone with no regard for basic communicative skills, I won't give them my business. And yes, we did shop there. My brother bought two t-shirts from them. But we left the premises.
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

The parking at Rain Tree Court is the most closely watched parking on island. They boot and sticker more than anyone. They have many signs posted, and they REALLY mean it!
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

CJ---Hate to prolong the agony, as I'm thinking you probably wish you hadn't posted this, but I may be coming over to your side. Are you saying the parking was for Raintree Court/Fish Trap only, that you (or someone in your group) went in to Raintree Court and bought two t-shirts, and then you went to the Beach Bar? If so, I think you deserve a little more sympathy.
---Jim
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

She gets why she got the ticket people :? She didn't like the rudeness how she was treated. I would have been pissed too if someone in my group bought something there,even if I did go over the time limit a little. It is what it is. Lets just say some locals need a lesson in how to treat tourist. We are the economy and without us the Island would be alot leaner. I'm not an ugly American tourist(Lord knows I've seen a few)but I've been treated rude as hell when I came up with a smile and a good whatever. I have also been treated very nice as well. Just seems some people on island are a bit pissed about tourist.
Oh well I'm there for the beaches anyways so I can deal with the occasional rudeness.
Kevino

Post by Kevino »

Tough lesson to learn about the parking, that's a lot of wasted money. Over the years I've seen cars try to park near the ferry dock and get fined on the spot $1,000. cash. The only reason I rent from Conrad is the convenient parking, certainly not for the quality cars! lol. CJ, some of the bloggers are only having fun with you, don't take it so hard. Don't let this incident ruin all the fun you had and start thinking of your next trip. We're all smarter than you because it's the day after. lol. Some of those teasing you are from PA also.
Wakey

Post by Wakey »

fascinating.. :lol:
XOXO

Post by XOXO »

Captain Kirk: when we were in Maui there was a bumper sticker that said "it it is tourist season they why can't we shoot them".

Wow! Just wow.

GG
tipsy

Post by tipsy »

CJ- shame that your last day had to be such a bummer,don't let it cloud your love of STJ. As for the rude lady,in other posts there have been comments @ the police on STJ being rude and downright insulting. As in all parts of the world,some people when they get a uniform & some "power" it goes to their head. Take it from where it came, wish her unborn child a happier mother and let it go.

Have to look at this from the Tourist Trap side also, they might lose customers cause of others parking in spots that their customers s/b using. I am dreading going into Cruz Bay when we go to STJ and plan on keeping the trips to a min to avoid the parking situation. Sinee you bought something from them, I would have gone back in and talked to them @ the booting etc. Couldn't have hurt at that point.

Mr B, sorry you are going thru Chemo,but you aren't the 1st to do so nor the last( I went thru cancer 4xs, & a co-worker had a dbl masectomy and just finished 6 mos of it and is now undergoing 6 wks of daily radiation and comes to work 3-4 days a wk, and not once did she have any pity for herself or take it out on anyone else). So using that as an excuse to hurt someones feelings doesn't fly. If you are having a bad day,then stay off the posts till you are doing better. I will pray for your total healing. I apologize if this offends you.
No ticker anymore. Next vac will prob. be the Fl Keys.
MrB

Post by MrB »

tipsy wrote:Mr B, sorry you are going thru Chemo,but you aren't the 1st to do so nor the last( I went thru cancer 4xs, & a co-worker had a dbl masectomy and just finished 6 mos of it and is now undergoing 6 wks of daily radiation and comes to work 3-4 days a wk, and not once did she have any pity for herself or take it out on anyone else). So using that as an excuse to hurt someones feelings doesn't fly. If you are having a bad day,then stay off the posts till you are doing better. I will pray for your total healing. I apologize if this offends you.
Hello person I do not know.

If your apology were at all sincere, you would have never typed the paragraph. How about you read the post a bit closer, as it was a personal aside between Gina and myself, having nothing to do (as stated in said-same post) with pointing out the idiocy of parking in a reserved spot, when the poster had available, for their own exclusive use, a spot less than 100 feet away!!!!

The idiot count increases daily.