Invite for St Thomas Get Together

Travel discussion for St. John
Schultz

Invite for St Thomas Get Together

Post by Schultz »

Last August at the Toad and Tart, there was a gathering of residents and visitors who post on the various VI travel boards. St. Thomians and St Johnians alike.

This year again, everyone is invited to get together for good food and conversation at the Toad and Tart on Tuesday, August 18, from 6-9:30 pm. The cost is $20 per person for yummy food with a cash bar. The restaurant is closed, so the whole place is ours.

Please post if you will be joining us so the chef knows how much food will be needed.

Schultz
2beachbums

Post by 2beachbums »

We would love to come, but will not be there until December. How bout another one in early December?

:)
Bandit

Post by Bandit »

For those of you that don't know....Schultz has been around since the early days and is one of the original Posters on the Virgin Islands Boards on AOL.

It's great to see him post and continue an interest in the islands. Good luck Schultz with your Annual Get-Together and hello to all of the gang!

Bandit
kirk

Post by kirk »

Hmmm.. I don't live too far from there. I just might come by. I'll let you know closer to the date.
kirk
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Post by Marcia (Mrs. Pete) »

I remember Schultz from the old AOL days!!! Good do see you here. We won't be in the USVI's then but have a great time and post pics!
Marcia (Mrs. Pete)

Missing St. John. As always.
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

This is one of the first years that I am going to miss the get together. We had a great time at Toad and Tart last year. The food was great and STTresident out did herself. Everyone have a wonderful time. I'll be thinking of you.
Sadie Sea

Post by Sadie Sea »

Count us in for two. It will be our first official forum gathering and look forward to making new friends.
Cheers
kirk

Post by kirk »

Sadie Sea wrote:Count us in for two. It will be our first official forum gathering and look forward to making new friends.
Cheers
Hi Tom and Amy.
Welcome to the forum.
I knew SS was for sale but didn't know it had sold.
best wish with your new venture.
Schultz

Post by Schultz »

Bandit, Thanks for remembering. That all seems like 100 years ago and about a dozen or more visits to the VI in the past. Wish you were able to join us.

Marcia, it's always good to read your posts. Ruth has often spoken about you guys.

Sadie Sea, looking forward to meeting you.

Kirk, hope you are able to join us.

Schultz
gelopee

Post by gelopee »

Hey, Schultz, thanks for posting this. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones.

Last year we picked up folks coming over from St. John on the Red Hook ferry. I'd be happy to do so again.

Gerie
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Gerie,
I'm so sad that I won't be one of those coming over this year. Have a wonderful time!
StJohnRuth

Post by StJohnRuth »

Gerie,
Thanks for the kind offer, but it won't be "folks" from St. John since my date silverheels is apparently going to stand me up. I am hoping to go, but it won't be the same without her. I will get back to you.
- Ruth
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Oh, golly!!! Now I'm really going to cry. I'll miss you and our usual time together. I'll make it up to you when I finally get there.
Remember last year when Ron kept checking up on us on the old web cam?
gelopee

Post by gelopee »

Awww, Ruth, I hope you won't make us miss out on the company of two of our favorites. Silverheels will be truly missed. I believe this is the first August gathering she will not be attending since they began some 10-12 years ago.
Cyopath

Post by Cyopath »

if it was only a week earlier, we would make it. going to be on STJ aug 2-10