Anthony Did I Miss Something?

Travel discussion for St. John
flip-flop

Anthony Did I Miss Something?

Post by flip-flop »

What are you doing in Florence? Not researching to start a new forum. No one will ever be as loyal as we are ;)
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

We are into our second year here... doing a lot of things. This is one:

<a href="http://www.florence-journal.com/"><b>ht ... om/</b></a> (we have mentioned this before...)

This forum and this site are the most important thing we do though.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

Ok - I totally MISSED this! Sorry, I had a baby 6 weeks ago and I think the brain left me somewhere in the 2nd trimester (Some would argue earlier)!

Awesome site! I can't wait to explore. Italy is nex on the Euro adventures list. When the kids are bigger!
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Anthony, We were in Florence for 8 days this past May. Stayed at the Hotel Torre Guelfa on via Tournabuoni. HAD THE best time and I miss it already. Restaurant Faves included Icche c'e c'e; perche no? for Gelato; Ristorante Antico di Sasso di Dante; and Il Cantinone (Oltrarno). I Frattelini was awesome for a quick lunch.

I SO want to go back!! I fell in love with the place. The hotel Torre Guelfa was a great value and the staff was wonderful! I've got a long review on Trip Advisor.

Hope you'r enjoying it there!
*Another fine scatterbrained production
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Gromit wrote:Anthony, We were in Florence for 8 days this past May. Stayed at the Hotel Torre Guelfa on via Tournabuoni. HAD THE best time and I miss it already. Restaurant Faves included Icche c'e c'e; perche no? for Gelato; Ristorante Antico di Sasso di Dante; and Il Cantinone (Oltrarno). I Frattelini was awesome for a quick lunch.
Wish I had known! Icche c'e c'e - lunch there once, wasn't overly impressed. Perche no? My favorite gelato!

<a><b>http://www.florence-journal.com/florenc ... ore_1.html </b></a>

Not familiar with Il Cantinone - will have to check that one. Have heard of the rest.

I will check your review on TripAdvisor -
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Gromit

Post by Gromit »

Gino and his wife are wonderful at Icche c'e c'e. Had THE best gnocchi with a lemon butter and sage sauce. Those gnocchi were like little puffs of air. ressies are a MUST for dinner at night. Ever since Rick Steve's recommended the place in his book, they've gotten busy.

As for Il Cantinone, you'd miss it if you're not careful. Their entrance is a small doorway that looks like a delivery door. But once inside the food and atmosphere is wonderful.

MAn, I'm getting Florence-sick already. I feel like I was there yesterday. Is that guitarist guy still playing out in front of the Uffizi at night at the Piazza dell signora -- james taylor and simon and garfunkel? I loved him.

Florence just felt like home, you know?
*Another fine scatterbrained production
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I LOVE GELATO and all of the food they have in Italy...especially saltimbuca (sp?)!!!!!

nothintolose
mia

Post by mia »

The best lunch we had while in Florence was at Buca dell'orafo, near the Ponte Vecchio...I never knew pasta and peas could taste so wonderful....mia
It takes both the sun and the rain to make a beautiful rainbow. --Unknown