Has anyone else done this????

Travel discussion for St. John
beachluvers

Has anyone else done this????

Post by beachluvers »

I know it's crazy...but... I travel every week in and out of the Atlanta airport. I've started noting on the Delta departures which gate the flight to St. John is leaving from that morning. I can't tell you how many times I've walked by the gate and waved to the lucky people on their way to paradise. Am I the only one????? 8)

Send me an email if you are passing through. I'd love to say hello!
Jo & Bryon

bert

Post by bert »

There are no flights to St. John! Maybe you're seeing St. John's (Antigua)?

peace.... bert
Bluwater

Post by Bluwater »

No...luckily for me, they put all of the islands and exotic places in the overseas terminal and my business travel is domestic. Otherwise, I'd be temped to try to just walk on when they call the flight.

"oh, this isn't to Denver? My bad!"
:twisted:
Bluwater
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Boy, it's nice to know other people think like this..many a time, especially in the cold ugly dead of winter, I've walked past a gate to "paradise", looking at all the people smiling, straw hats in hand, flip flops either on or in their carry on bag, wishing I could just get in line with them! I have to admit that one of the first times back from St. John I came into Dulles Airport in Washington. It was February, snow on the ground, but my friends and I insisted on wearing our shorts and white sweatshirts so we could show off our winter tans!!
PA Girl

VAgirl - you made my morning!

Post by PA Girl »

"my friends and I insisted on wearing our shorts and white sweatshirts so we could show off our winter tans!"

You made my morning with that comment. I am only half-embarassed to admit I do the same thing.

My hubby jokes that one day we will just pull into the airport and catch the next flight out.
beachluvers

Post by beachluvers »

Okay, Burt, you got me! I meant St. Thomas flights! He He He.... :lol: I think of the 2 islands as one sometimes. And yes.... I am blonde!
Jo & Bryon

beachluvers

Post by beachluvers »

oops! I did it again. My apologizes, Bert!
Jo & Bryon

obsessedmuch

Post by obsessedmuch »

I'll be passing your way in May- hopefully my luggage will, too! :)
MIke

Post by MIke »

On the flip side as you are waiting for your flight to leave St Thomas,do you find yourself hating all those people you dont't know coming down the stairs on their arriving flight?
VaGirl

Post by VaGirl »

Yep, sure do..on one of my trips, we were leaving and one of the group got wild when she couldn't find her passport, crying hysterically. My friend and I both stepped right up and offered her ours...didn't matter that one of us was blonde (me) and the other of Spanish origin, and the gal crying was a redhead..we just wanted to stay! 8)
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

Jorge you are a man after my heart my wife would tell me to stop doing it
beachluvers

Post by beachluvers »

Send out a hello when you pass thru, obsessedmuch! May will be here before you know it! I have a few more months to impatiently wait. Good thing I have this obsession (checking the forum) to keep me busy.
Jo & Bryon