Vicki's Trip Report: I don't do short.

Travel discussion for St. John
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

WOW!!!

Your best report and set of pictures yet; absolutely wonderful and great way to kill an hour today. We are getting too excited to be much use at work anyways; our wheels-up is this Friday.

So true about those tangibles and intangibles that keep us coming back. While we each have differences in our set of tangibles, I'm sure that many of us share those intangibles that you call "magic".
Bob & Anita
Connie

Post by Connie »

Vicki, you certainly are a talented photographer and writer...just beautiful.

Thank you for taking the time!
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Nancy_B

Post by Nancy_B »

Excellent repot and photos. Sounds like Matt had a winner of a birthday - lucky guy!

Ron loves visiting his watches in Jewels too - it's an obsession of his.

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation.
NancyB
Jo Ann - VA

Post by Jo Ann - VA »

Great trip report as usual Vicki.
I was wondering where you were going with your subject line "Vicki's Trip report I don't do short" :wink: :lol:
Jo Ann
Always planning the next vacation...
canucknyc

Post by canucknyc »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oink, oink!

Awesome.
flip-flop

Post by flip-flop »

I think I have figured out your diet. You only eat when on STJ. No wonder you have to go so often!

Notes:

1 - It is ok to give your passport to anyone you see on Jost

2 - Bring Duct Tape to keep Flat Vicki in line ;-)

3 - Don't drink anything made by the random guy in Cruz Bay or Matt.

4 - Learn to swim before snorkeling!

5 - There is NO chair fairy on STJ.

AMAZING REPORT. You managed to pack a lot in and still have it seem like an entirely leisurely trip. I think I need a tums.
LysaC

Post by LysaC »

This line in your TR actually made me tear up.

"Another great day came to a close as the tree frogs began to serenade the night and the palms rustled, telling their secrets to the sea breeze as we drifted off into blissful, vacation sleep."

Your talent for photography & writing is enviable and awesome :D .

But your talent for putting my/our love for this crazy little island into words is superb!

This latest, and I think greatest, of your trip reports makes me so sad that our bank account won't let us return this year. Bad bank account, bad, BAD!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

ok so I cried at the end .. ARE YOU SATISFIED????? :lol:

Vicki, your TR is incomplete. Where's the picture of Matt wearing the chicken hat on his birthday!? Please edit your report!

Thanks for the ride.......
lprof

Post by lprof »

This is simply a super trip report...just as the forum expects from you!
All was pretty close to perfect from my vantage point...beautiful people, places, pictures, penning...thanks for the opportunity to share this great time.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
LMG

Post by LMG »

Okay, I'm a little verklempt. So beautiful, relaxing, funny and just the thing to get me through the week and beyond!
CariBert

Post by CariBert »

Vicki, Vicki, Vicki!!! You have set the bar high again!! Great report, makes me wonder if I should even try. Can I just send you my notes and you write it up for me? Oh, and use some of your fantastic photos! You have the eye of a designer!

Thanks for taking the time to take me back there with you! This is going to be the longest 3 weeks ever coming up!!! July soon come!! But not soon enough..... :wink: :wink:

-Bert
The liver is evil, it must be punished!

Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

ok so I cried at the end .. ARE YOU SATISFIED?????
Same here! Good grief....It's bad enough that I weep while writing the last installment of my own trip reports but now I'm crying when other people have to leave!!

You can leave the island, but it never really leaves you, does it? You return home with a sweetness in your soul, a song in your head that you can’t quite get out, a smile in your voice. It works its magic on you and you leave with a little piece of it in your heart, buried deep and secret like a piece of sandy smooth blue sea glass in your pocket. Take it out and rub it between your fingertips from time to time, you’ll be back.
That's such a beautiful way to think of leaving. I need a hankie....sniff Wonderful report and pics!
Dclapp

Post by Dclapp »

Awesome report!! Phenonminal pics. I love the color of your photos and your wirting style.

We'll be there in 4 DAYS!!!!. Can't wait!

Kindest regards,

Dave C
tinajohnson

Post by tinajohnson »

All I can really say is.....WOW.
Maggy

Post by Maggy »

Thank you Vicki for making my boring night in a hotel room so much more fun! I enjoyed every bit of the report and the pictures are just fantastic.