Catamaran Trip Report - Part 7 - Final

Travel discussion for St. John
cat

Post by cat »

California Girl wrote:WWWT - I think I need to go there too, now that I've seen it from the air! Beautiful!

jmq - That is exactly what sailing is... it's just like camping on water only with a few comforts of home!
:D
This would call for an appearance of my infamous camping mirror! I don't go camping without it! I wouldn't go sailing for an extended trip without it either! LOL! :wink:

Great report as usual! I love your pics!!!! It is like being there with you. Bummer that we weren't! :(
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Thank you everyone! It was fun to re-live our week! Now I have to finish editing the rest of about 1600 photos! :roll:

Cptnkirk - PM Bevm or Crash for info on Easy Breezes, they are the ones who rented it. It's a beautiful villa, convenient to Shipwreck and Miss Lucy's.

Berlingirl - :lol: Kellee & Sydney kept calling me Paparazzi! I rarely put my camera down, but look at the great pictures I got! :lol: We figure we're all such beautiful people that you'd love to see our grinning faces!
California Girl

cat wrote: Great report as usual! I love your pics!!!! It is like being there with you. Bummer that we weren't! :(
That can be fixed, ya' know! :wink:
ccasebolt

Post by ccasebolt »

Awesome!!! 8) 8) 8)

Isn't that first landlubber shower absolute heaven?!!
lprof

Post by lprof »

Commenting on every report, every photo, every aspect would not suffice in saying how much this was enjoyed! A week's sail of this sort is my husband's dream, yet unfilled.

Simply excellent!
Seemingly perfect!
Tremendously detailed!
...the trip and the photojournalism...

...too few words to express my gratitude to you for sharing this adventure; however, I thank you.
... no longer a stranger to paradise
linne

Post by linne »

Margo. As I have told before. I so much enjoyed your TR, and you are a marvellous photographer!

Hubby loves to sail and has the education so that he is allowed to lead and rent a bigger boat. He also has the experience- has tried to sail a catamaran in Tonga. But the problem is that I don’t really like to sail, I get seasick and have had some unpleasant experiences too. So a sailing vacation is not for me. But your TR has brought doubt in my mind. Perhaps we should try it once? So who knows. Perhaps we can be a part of the flotilla in 2011? :D :D .

linne
C&S Island Time

Post by C&S Island Time »

this had to be one of the best trip reports that i've read thanks.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I absolutely loved your report! I'm pretty certain that I would not do well on a boat vacation (too cramped and I would probably be seasick!), but I liked reading about your adventures!

Thanks for sharing your fun times and beautiful pictures with us.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
bevm

Post by bevm »

I agree. I just think I'd be too claustrophobic. On the way out to Waterlemon from Maho I started to feel a little sick and that wasn't that far!! I just had to talk myself out of it...
cass

Post by cass »

I finally have gotten caught up! ♥ ♥ ♥ your trip reports! Thank you for sharing your adventure with us all!
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
California Girl

Cass... how did you put those little hearts in? So cute!
cass

Post by cass »

California Girl wrote:Cass... how did you put those little hearts in? So cute!

Just hold down the "alt" button at the same time as the #3 on the keypad (it must be the 3 on the keypad). ♥ ♥
"The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears or the sea." -Isak Dinesen
California Girl

Cool! And thanks for your compliment on my TR! :)

Hmmm... the hearts ain't workin' for me. Bummer! :(
Betty

Post by Betty »

Loved your trip reports, thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us!

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:31 pm.