Close...but yet so far....Damned Economy!!

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Scott, did you have trip insurance by any chance? If so, could you claim any of the money you might forfeit?
LMG

Post by LMG »

Sorry to hear that, Scott. I hope you're able to move into something new quickly. Good luck.
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Man Scott that bites I wish ya luck. I will be losing my job sometime this year just not sure the exact date. I have known for the last two years, shops heading to Mexico. It's starting to really wind down now, figure I have till about May or June. Lucky wife has a good job for now. We shall see how this all pans out we haven't changed any plans so far but I would guess 2010 will be different if this gets as bad as I think it's going to get.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Cptnkirk

that one of the few good thing about working for a medical device company harder to move out of the states
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. Hope things will turn better for you soon. I wish you the best, Scott.
Joshie

Post by Joshie »

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

wow just read this. so sorry to hear that.
ScottB

Post by ScottB »

Thank you all for the kind words. This forum rocks for sure! I will do what any other forum member would do, keep reading trip reports, and keep the dream alive until my next visit. 8)

California Girl, no insurance, so we will bite the bullet on this one.

Time to start my own business, because I WILL make it back to STJ.

Thank to all again...Now just keep the trips reports alive so I can stay sane please!!
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

I am sorry Scott.
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

:cry: Dear Scott:

I know I know..i feel your pain..it hurts. This forum really understands how you feel and i am sure everyone here agrees. But you know you will be back and you must keep that in your head. I tell myself everytime we go on the walk of woe..i will be back, i will be back and it makes it so much better. and remember you are not the only one this is happening to, lots of people have to put off their trips. I am truly sorry..it will get better. get yourself a drink, put on some reggae, read the forum and do some limin mon. we understand!!! :wink:
RogerD

Post by RogerD »

Scott, We also feel your pain! with company cut backs including bonuses we had to cancel our trip this month that we have been doing for 5 years now, It sucks doesn't it!! :cry:
Robbin

Me Too

Post by Robbin »

I know if we hadn't paid for everything up front, we wouldn't be going on our trip in April. I thinking about how to save the most money when we get there. Any advice?
Rocken Robbin gets her dream Honeymoon vacation in the Virgin Islands
bevm

Post by bevm »

I'm so sorry Scott. I know in these tough economic times we all need that STJ vacation more than ever. We're on the same page as everyone. If we hadn't booked last year we wouldn't be going either. I'll keep you in my prayers..
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

Oh No Scott, I am so sorry guy. This really does suck, stink, and well it's just not fair! I know how much you've been wanting to get back to STJ, and I know how excited you were. Just remember.......it will still be there when you are ready to go. Just a big ass speed bump in the road right now, but it will work out.

Wish I could say more to help, we like so many others were lucky getting our trip in. But in the end, now that we're home.................it's the same old same old. Yes, the vaca lightened our load and lifted our spirits........but. There will plenty of fun (and inexpensive) things to do at home this Spring. And your little boy............you guys will be having a blast once the weather breaks!!!!!

Keep on smiling and email me if you need to chat.

xoxo
Jan
Sun4MySoul

Post by Sun4MySoul »

Scott- This totally sucks. I know what's it like to cancel a trip, and nothing made me feel better until I could schedule a new one. I hope that happens for you sooner rather than later! Hang in there!

I think I'm on island during your previously scheduled days, I'll definitely have a Painkiller Toast for ya!