Great prices out of Detroit

Travel discussion for St. John
cptnkirk

Great prices out of Detroit

Post by cptnkirk »

Well there's some mouthwatering deals here for sure. My honey says there's no way I can go by myself so I'm outta luck. She's so selfish I can't help it she doesn't have any vacation left and I do. I told her I would baresite at Cinnamon but no go. Just put dtw in the from box and stt in the to box ya should get a pop up chart to the right, the deals are starting allready :D
http://www.kayak.com/?tab=flights&gclid ... VAodxngE1A
Last edited by cptnkirk on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

Hey Cptn!!!!!! yes there sure are some great deals out of DTW. been spying on these flights since December. i knew that some good deals would pop up. the Best i seen so far was $223 plus the dreaded taxes and fees. Jan-Feb is always good for dtw flights to get the heck out of here. good luck and see ya on island mon!!
R&S from MI

Post by R&S from MI »

Booked flights from DTW for April on AA few months back for $380.... thought that was good from DTW compared to what I've been paying the last couple of years. Darn flights have dropped to $294....
This year looks like flying On Tuesday's is very cheap.

IslandGirl what part of Michigan do you live in ??
Time for me to go snowblow again... 7 more inches last night around Detroit.

Rob
Rob & Sherri from MI
brenda

Post by brenda »

I can't remember which city IslandGirl lives in (might be Dearborn?) but we are all from the same area. I met IslandGirl last May. We live in Lincoln Park.

Cptnkirk, Thanks for the update on flights out of DTW. I haven't booked yet for May but maybe I should soon! We are planning on May 16th-23rd so our paths may finally cross. I booked Gallow's Point but have been waiting on airfare.
Going "home" again October 26th!
cptnkirk

Post by cptnkirk »

Hope ya Michigan folk don't care to much that this Buckeye fan comes up and gets your good deals on flights :lol: but they beat the heck out of flights out of CMH. Brenda hope we get to meet, know we have just missed a couple of times. Island girl you going to be on island the same time we are?
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

hey

we dont mind at all...come on up. we could have meant you guys at the dtw airport last May for a couple rounds of drinks...but missed out on that one. did not know you guys drove up from Ohio.

we do plan on being down there. not quite sure of dates as of yet the countdown is on!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
islandgirl

Post by islandgirl »

Still looking at prices..... the stupid taxes :evil: :evil: almost 100.00 worth. they are soaking us. this morning $298 out of dtw which is good
R&S from MI

Post by R&S from MI »

Islandgirl.. $246 including taxes on Spiritair if you use the 35HOURS in the promo code. One stop each way, looks like flying Tues-Thurs gives the best deals. Good luck!!

Rob
Rob & Sherri from MI
R&S from MI

Post by R&S from MI »

Islandgirl & Brenda,

Found one more downriver friend. Mahobayb is from Riverview, she posts at times. Really a small world. Maybe a forum party in the future coming to Michigan.

Rob & Sherri
Rob & Sherri from MI
brenda

Post by brenda »

I read this right before leaving for work one day and I forgot that I wanted to respond. Maybe we can do some kind of get together going on in the summer months for the Detroit area people? Now that I'm thinking more, Gary and I could host it at our home. We have an in-ground pool we could hang out by and have drinks and munchies. Just a thought....
brenda

Post by brenda »

Here is a pic to tempt you. Unfortunately, it doesn't look very nice right now. A few days ago, you could barely tell there was a pool, there was so much snow on the cover :roll: . I can't wait to be warm again!
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I love a pool!
hotrod270

leaving tuesday

Post by hotrod270 »

I BOOKED OUR FLIGHTS LAST JULY FOR 124 EACH WAY LEAVING THIS TUESDAY AND STAYING AT BLUEBEARD BEACH CLUB FOR 8 DAYS WE LIVE IN MILFORD, WE CANNOT WAIT TO GET OUT OF THIS COLD.
R&S from MI

Post by R&S from MI »

hotrod270

Please bring back some warm and sun... I'm tired of the single digit temps. Enjoy !
fantastic air rates, I'm jealous. Our next trip is not until April. Going to be a long 2 months in Michigan.
Rob & Sherri from MI
mahobayb

Post by mahobayb »

Hi everyone from Michigan and Captn.

Thanx for remembering me Rob.

Captn, we will be on island same time as you I believe. You are welcome to our air-fare anytime.

Brenda, get bookin' girl, looks like we will see you there too. Maybe we can plan a party at your place when we see you at the Beach Bar.

Islandgirl and CruzanChris, If anyone can find a way to "our island paradise", it is the two of you. :D

I know we have more Michigan peeps around here.
Parafins?
Our new friend hotrod 270?
Who else?
Hey Captn, you can be that far?
we never touch someone so lightly that we don't leave a trace