Camping on St.John or cheap rentals !

Travel discussion for St. John
Gene

Camping on St.John or cheap rentals !

Post by Gene »

Hello Forum,
Long time off line for me. Hope everyone is well. Dec trip was great.I got to shoot some underwater video and saw about 10 turtles and lots of cool things.It was my first solo trip. I'm thing of doing the eco-tent thing.What do you forumites know about Maho and Concordia.Blue Caribe is rented so I'm looking for a cheap plan B. I'm traveling light back pack,guitar and a 6 foot blond, haha.If you know of other places like small cottages or funky hotels please give me the 411.

Dream big Gene !
CruzBayB

Post by CruzBayB »

There is a small cottage down the hill from A House of Open Arms that is rented through the owner but separately from the main villa and it is very affordable. It's in Coral Bay with great views...
"By the time we hit Miami, the cell phones will ring and life as we know it will draw us back in, so tonight we will just continue to soak in the sounds, the sights, the tastes and the feelings of St. John."
loria

Post by loria »

cinnamon bay is an option too--cheaper than maho or concordia. concordia you will need a car you willhave your own bathroom and there is a pool there --inseason the e tents go for 155/night.
maho the is a bathhouse--the property is getting a bit worn as they aren;t putting alot of upkeep into it since their lease runs out in 2012 (sad sad sad)

check out cinnamon though--they had cottages (120/night in season?) and they have tents and also bare sites--that would be the cheapest option!
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DCphoto

Post by DCphoto »

I hear Vie's allows camping at her beach. Not sure what it has or not, just heard about it from this Forum.
tralei714

Post by tralei714 »

I'm staying at a slice of life in coral bay for $1000 in high season. in low season I thinks its 800.
RickG

Post by RickG »

SailView is in the same price range, but no availability until April.

Here's a cottage advertising reduced priced January rentals - http://www.vrbo.com/155914

Another $1,375 per week - http://www.vrbo.com/146033

I'd go with Concordia first, Maho second, Cinnamon Bay third. Vie's campground is one beach further east from her Snack Shack. It's a nice spot, but you pretty much need to bring everything but the toilet and the beach.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
loria

Post by loria »

oh and i forgot that trindad charlie has some eco cottages and VIERS also rents out places
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
RickG

Post by RickG »

http://samuelcottages.com/_wsn/page3.html

$600 per week with a/c.

Cheers, RickG
Gene

Post by Gene »

Thanks Rick that looks good ! :D
RickG

Post by RickG »

Laughing very hard! I read this about Maho Bay and figure they may have run into us there!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... tml?cat=16

Some people are happier at a Holiday Inn Express off the Interstate.

Gene, I know your Mr. Fishstock, but I'll let you decide if you want to step up and earn the full "Drunken Hippie" label.

Cheers, RickG (jonesing for a Shipwreck Dark & Stormy)
patr

Post by patr »

Here's another great option:
http://www.vrbo.com/172750
Patr

~~Longing to be back on St. John~~
Pia

Post by Pia »

OK, I just clicked on this tread and what happened to all the messages - all I get is one photo of a couple on a beach :)

Maybe it's my computer again so I'm posting to see ig anything shows up :)

Pia
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

This message comes across all to one side. Can't figure it out. You're right about the picture of the couple on the beach-no caption and not related to Gene's request. I thought it was my computer at first so I logged out and then came back on to find the same thing.
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

someone's avatar is far too large and pushing everything to the side :lol: