villa help

Travel discussion for St. John
soxfan22

villa help

Post by soxfan22 »

Hello experts...We are starting to plan for our July 2010 trip (I know, that's a long way off!). No time for a trip this year, with other vaca obligations in place for 09...Unless of course, I can manage to talk the wife into a gametime decision sometime in the fall!

Anway, here are our villa needs:

3 or 4 bedrooms (three families)
a/c at least in all bedrooms
pool
hot tub
any location is fine

Any suggestions? Thanks!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
sea-nile

Post by sea-nile »

Sea Forever was nice with 4 bedrooms, but they are queens and one has twins.
We just stayed at Oceana and it was very nice. It does hve 6 bedrooms, but 4 have Kings. Oceana would be good if you have kids or teens.
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

Hi Soxfan....not an expert, but La Papaya above Chocolate Hole has 3 king size bedroom suites with an efficiency apartment with two full size bedrooms downstairs....large pool with hot tub...excellent views and privacy....we loved it...
soxfan22

Post by soxfan22 »

Thanks seanile and gibber! One thing I forgot to mention in my OP was that the wife and her mother really want a house this time where all the bedrooms are interior access. We'll have potentially 4 kids with us (all under 6), so the interior access would be convenient.

Thanks!
July 2003 - Honeymoon at The Westin
July 2004 - Glenmar, Gifft Hill
July 2005 - Arco Iris, Fish Bay
December 2007 - Dreamcatcher, GCB
July 2008 - Ellison Villa, VGE
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

Maybe take a look at Cocotier. That might meet your needs although I'm not sure on hot tub. It's listed by Destination STJ.
Robbo

Post by Robbo »

Cocotier sounds perfect for you! The wife and i stayed there last year. it was too much (but great) for just the two of us... but it has everything you need. 4 bedrooms (all separate), pool, hot tub, grill... and it's beautiful! the only thing i'd be worried about is driveway space. there really wouldn't be (if i remember right) room for 4 jeeps in the driveway.

Otherwise, it's the perfect villa!

r

EDIT: none of the bedrooms have interior access. i should have read more carefully before posting.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Check out Ristaba's main house.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
Lulu76

Post by Lulu76 »

Altamira would fit the bill, except for the interior access to all the bedrooms. I haven't stayed there, but I love working with Private Homes for Private Vacations.

One thing that might help was something we did on our first trip when we didn't know anything about St. John, villas or this forum was that we called the different rental companies and told them what we were looking for and when we were looking and asked them to make some recommendations. It worked out for us because the villa that was recommended to us was a lot nicer than the ones we had been looking at!
cypressgirl

Post by cypressgirl »

Argonauta has 2 interior bedrooms and two masters in a pod next to the main house. The inside rooms would be great for kids. The views are amazing and the villa has full ac, which if you've ever been there in July, is a really nice feature, especially on the west side. The roads are good and it's just about 5-7 minutes from town. Vacation Vistas is great to work with.
djmom

Post by djmom »

agree Ristaba might work for you, although I am not clear on the # of adults and kids in your group- it has 4 bedrooms in the main house, all interior and on the same level. All bedrooms have their own bath and showers which is great. 2 bedrooms I would consider the master bedrooms, but I think the twins in at least one of the bedrooms can be pushed together.

there is also a cottage with I think 2 more bedrooms, at least one.

the hot tub is at that second cottage. not the best arrangement for hot tub lovers, but it is fine.

we were just there, it is a lovely house and the pool is very large.

do know that the bedrooms are on the same level as the pool and that the living area is up top. There is access to the pool thru both of the downstairs master bedrooms. I think they can be locked though from the outside.If any of the children are disobediant or prone to wander after bedtime, it could be a safety issue if you did not have an adult downstairs outside or keep those doors locked.

It is not real easy to see the whole pool from upstairs and you would not be able to see it from indoors for sure.

Then again, wherever you are, you are going to need to be careful about kids and the pool.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I didn't mention Argonauta because I thought you wanted all the bedrooms in the house. Argo is our favorite villa right now.

We stayed at Ristaba when we had a bunch of kids with us and it worked fine. My only complaint with it was that the pool was too deep for me, but I am only 5'3 and 3/4" (if I haven't shrunk with age).

The a/c in the main house at Argo is DEFINITELY a nice feature.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band