Flip-flops or sandals?

Travel discussion for St. John
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

BasUR & Pia, thanks for the links!

I think I'll be getting around on foot just fine with all this great info! Thanks everyone! :D
cat

Post by cat »

I wore flip flops even on the ram's heard hike. I never had a problem. They were very comfortable and I found that my feet wrapped around the rocks just fine. It was as close to being barefoot (my preference) as possible without having to get things stuck in my feet on the trails. I could have done honeymood and solomon barefoot just fine.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I have been waiting for Cat to respond to this to see what she would say :lol: I have to laugh because the whole hike to Ram Head, I couldn't believe she had on flip flops. They were flimsy ones at that. She cracks me up though with all of her flip flops.

When we got to the top and she was leaning over the edge, I told her that all that was supporting her was that flimsy piece of rubber between her toes. She wears them all the time though so she is used to them. I prefer to have more support that you get out of Tevas or Keens.

As for doing the hike to Solomon barefoot. My other half and I hiked between Solomon and Honeymoon barefoot and it was NOT pleasant. I would definitely wear flip flops at least for that one.

nothintolose

p.s. Pia, I agree with SJfromNJ, you will LOVE your Keens. They are SO comfortable. I got some last summer and wore them all of the time.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Mon Jul 03, 2023 11:17 pm.