Sea Turtle conservation volunteer program?

Moving to the islands, local news & issues, etc.
Nannerz

Sea Turtle conservation volunteer program?

Post by Nannerz »

Does anyone know if the volunteer sea turtle rescue is still in operation? I volunteered with a group on St.John a dozen years ago. I'm looking for an environmental voluteer group that my teen can get involved with, be it with turtles, fish, reefs, or something on island.
Kathyzhere

Post by Kathyzhere »

Bump...

I'm curious too, as to any volunteer programs?Thanks,
Kathy
topside

Post by topside »

Check out Earthwatch.org for info on a volunteer project on STJ and STT. You make a contribution to participate. This one is for scuba certified and or snorklers. I've done several with them, but not this one.
Nannerz

Post by Nannerz »

Thanks. I did find those "pay to volunteer" opportunities, but they are super expensive and typically cater to people who don't live on island. I founds some options through the VI National Park Service. I'm really looking for genuine FREE volunteer gigs to get involved with while living there.
annelisa

Post by annelisa »

My brother did a turtle conservation project last year in Costa Rica and he loved it. The company was called 'i to i' or something like that, and you can choose all sorts of programs there. I'm quite tempted myself, though I think I would choose to work with a different animal or a different type of project.
cruzbritt

Post by cruzbritt »

I would love to volunteer. But I need some extra details. Do you have a website or a Facebook page? A link to that would be awesome.