STT Taxi with Car seat

Travel discussion for St. John
crasherino

STT Taxi with Car seat

Post by crasherino »

We are headed back down to STJ with our 3 year old and I was looking to find a private taxi that is able to provide a toddler car seat. When she was younger, we checked her infant seat and were able to install it in the vans. Its been a long while since our boys were this age and I know I was able to find a taxi w/ car seat about 5-6 years ago but I can't for the life of me remember who it was. And while it worked out on the way to Red Hook, on the way back, he didn't have the car seat and my wife ended up holding on to our son for dear life the whole way and taking her anger out on me as I had car booking duties. Looking to avoid that if possible!

So, if anyone has used a taxi service that supplied a car seat, I would love to know the details.

TIA
Teresa_Rae

Re: STT Taxi with Car seat

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I have a 5 year old and an 8 year old, and they've both been going to STJ since they were a year old. We've always taken their car seats on board the planes. We bought inexpensive (~$35) Cosco brand seats at Wal-Mart for airplane travel and it's worked very well for us.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
michigancouple

Post by michigancouple »

I used Rachel for her private taxi service Airport to Redhook and also the return just 2 months ago. We had an 11 month old infant and she brought the car seat along for the baby to ride in. It worked perfectly. Be sure to booked her in advance for this. Of course we gave her a nice tip, but it was a lot easier than checking or lugging a car seat along through the airport considering we already were gate checking the stroller. Rachel's number is 340-771-2986. We also had her contact her porter friend, Daphne, ahead of time and she was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport for check-in to head back. Daphne loaded up our luggage and stayed with us all the way through Customs and then dropped the luggage at the luggage place while we easily proceeded to TSA screening. If you need car seat rental while on island, contact Island Baby. They'll bring the seat right to your car rental agency.
crasherino

Post by crasherino »

Thanks for the info re Rachel. I will definitely give her a buzz.

We've used Christy's on island before for car seat rentals but I'll check out Island Baby as well.