American Airline 3 hour check-in?

Travel discussion for St. John
BAILEYBAY

American Airline 3 hour check-in?

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Ok forum friends I need your expertise. We have never flown AA coming home. I have heard that they require you to check in 3 hours before your flight. I found a reasonable price but it leaves at 9;30AM. Please tell me we would not have to be at the airport at 6:30AM....I can't imagine anyone would be on duty to check us in. Anyone with prior experience???
Teresa_Rae

Re: American Airline 3 hour check-in?

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I don't know if this information is still current, but in the past, the reason for the 3 hour requirement was because the same employees who did check in would leave the front desk to go work as gate agents.

I've heard horror stories, but I don't know if things are still as bad as they've been in the past. I have no reason to think that it's gotten better. Hopefully others can chime in with recent experiences!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Get Daphne( or any Red Cap) porter to eliminate the wait time at the airport.

Dave/Bigcheeze
Enjoy The Journey
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Thanks so much Bigcheese! We always use Daphne but I just wasn't familiar with AA. I also had heard horror stories about AA so this makes me feel a lot better about possibley using them. Do you think getting there 1 1/2 hours (that's what we usually do) before flight time is sufficient? FYI we do carry on only and will have our boarding passes.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Bigcheeze wrote:Get Daphne( or any Red Cap) porter to eliminate the wait time at the airport.

Dave/Bigcheeze
Enjoy The Journey
We always use a porter, and we still have to wait in line to check in at the airport. Having a porter can save some time getting through the customs line, but I've never saved time at check in by using a porter. So a porter would not help with the 3 hour AA check in requirement.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

Teresa_Rae do you check bags? If memory serves me, when we have carry on only Daphane takes us right to the front of the line, gets our luggage tag and then she gets us right to the front of the custom line(with ALOT of dirty looks from all the people we are passing by). Best $20 bucks we spent!!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

BAILEYBAY wrote:Teresa_Rae do you check bags? If memory serves me, when we have carry on only Daphane takes us right to the front of the line, gets our luggage tag and then she gets us right to the front of the custom line(with ALOT of dirty looks from all the people we are passing by). Best $20 bucks we spent!!
We have never stood in line with a porter and we didn't have boarding passes...