Please don't say wrong island..

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
scoob

Please don't say wrong island..

Post by scoob »

I love to stay on St. Thomas and have enjoyed many trips there.
We stay at Bluebeards and enjoy the resort feeling there.
It may seem tired sometimes ,but they are always making improvements.
And it shows.
2 First class restaurants to walk to..
2 nice casual bars.
with a jeep I can be on St.John in an hour..
I get it...
don't offend me me with "Wrong Island"
Scoob
equineannie

Re: Please don't say wrong island..

Post by equineannie »

I lived on St Thomas, for awhile, and on St John. There is much to appreciate and enjoy on St Thomas so just ignore the haughtiness of those that look down there nose. Bluebeards is getting better,all the time, my good friends have their dive shop there. Aqua Marine, check it out for day sails, diving and snorkeling. They are great. St John is lovely, I have friends there, but its this attitude that started me searching and visiting other islands. I found nicer ones, populated with lovely, friendly people and more open minded tourists.

I visit my friends, at Bluebeards, maybe we will cross paths sometime...it would be a delight to meet you. Carry on!
Kate59

Post by Kate59 »

I feel the same way. I read the St John boards because its more active and has lots of good info. and we always visit St John when we go to St Thomas, but I do get irritated when people bash St Thomas. I wish they would at least spend some money in St Thomas before they make their mad dash to the ferry.(Groceries & booze are less expensive) and besides if it wasn't for St Thomas it would be a lot harder to get to their precious "rock".
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

I agree with all of you. We love both islands but have been staying on STT most of our trips because of our timeshares at Bluebeard's Beach Club and the Elysian. Over the years we have also stayed on St. John and the larger hotels on STT. Our children since they were teenagers have preferred STT because of all the various things to do. We love the great restaurants on STT and have met many wonderful people. I see no reason to compare the islands because they are so different and we enjoy variety. Please don't call STT the wrong island...it is important to match islands with interests as with any vacation alternatives.

And yes, Scoob, Banana Tree Grille and Room With a View are two of our favorites!
scoob

Post by scoob »

Thanks for the nice comments.
I just had to get it off my chest !
Any Virgin Island is better than here with this tough winter we're having.

Scoob
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Scoob---I agree with your thought---different travelers like different things. We do prefer St. John, primarily because its the right size for us, and I think they have done a better job (though not a perfect job) in preserving their natural beauty, but each island has its merits. One thing I like about STT is the ability to have beachside accommodations. We enjoyed a stay at Secret Harbour---nice to have a pretty beach and a good bar/restaurant within a short distance of our room. We also love some of the restaurants and bars in St. Thomas. We have already made a dinner reservation at Havana Blue for our one night in St. Thomas on our February trip.
---Jim