Things to do for kids

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
scubatom

Things to do for kids

Post by scubatom »

Coming down first week in January. We have come for years so we know the island well. Wanted to hear suggestions of things to do with younger kids (ages 8-13) other than the beach and Coral World.
scoob

Re: Things to do for kids

Post by scoob »

Sorry I can't help about entertaining your young ones.
Maybe a hike on St.John ??
Our kids a snorkel , lunch, and book and they were happy.
Being outside in the warm air and water is what we go for..
ADK Mtns in the summer, STT in Feb.
I have no complaints...
Scoob
watergirl

Post by watergirl »

I started bringing my kids down to STJ when they were 7 & 8. (Now in their 20's).
We would always stay at Cinnamon Bay Campgrounds. Things we did: Ranger led walks along the beach. Night time constellation viewing. Moonlight swims. Reef Bay Hike. "Exploring" in Cruz Bay. Walks to different parts of the island with picnic lunches. "Pirate treasure" hunting. Explore the different ruins on the island. My daughter would get her hair braided by Philomena. (still there, by Morgan's Mango.)
Kayaking. Horseback riding. If your going to be in STT, try to get there when there isn't a cruise ship and walk around Charlotte Amalie's alleys (again looking for pirate treasure)
The thing my kids loved about STJ, especially staying a Cinnamon Bay the most was that they could run around and explore, meet other campers,eat ice cream whenever they wanted, and in general be free to be kids.
By the way, my kids still love STJ. My daughter is planning to get married in a couple of years, guess where?
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

A private daysail on one of the six passenger vessels out of the East End of STT is a great family day especially with children that age.
You might check at some of the hotels and see if they are offering a Kids Club activity they could join for a day.
A trip over to Water Island could be a good adventure, maybe even stay later if it is Movie Night.
The kayak tour in the Lagoon is a wonderful daytime activity and very family oriented.
School won't reume here until after Three Kings Day so local beaches like Magens will have plenty of local kids their age.
Bolongo Bay has a Caribbean Night with things happening that would be interesting to them.
As much as I do not like the noisy things a lot of the kids love a jetski ride.
We do have a movie theatre with 7 screens for an early evening.