Trip Report: Aug 13-22 part 1

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
STTlover

Trip Report: Aug 13-22 part 1

Post by STTlover »

So a little back ground for those who don't know. My parent's have owned at Sapphire Beach Resort for 10 years now. My husband and I vacation there every year, with every other year being a large family vacation. This year's crew included my parents, older sister with husband and 2 kids, younger sister with boyfriend, brother, myself, my husband, and my husband's brother who is like our child:0. We are all not there the entire time, but overlaped each other by a few days here and there. We had a fantastic time with a dramatic ending as we were on the last flight out on Tuesday before Isaac. Here is part one!

Aug.13th, travel day: Went pretty well. First time taking JetBlue out of Hartford. Other then leaving in the afternoon rather then the usual early am flight, first leg to SJU went smoothly. Got upgraded to exit seats that have extra leg room...score! The second leg from SJU to STT was on Cape Air. Let me tell you, I had such anxiety about this flight. I am not a good flier. My stomach was a mess for two days prior. We boarded the flight, I made the sign of the cross and we went up. I have to say, I loved it!!! It was so cool to be flying so low and having an almost 360 panoramic view. I only wish we had flown during the day, this flight was at 8pm, so it was pitch black with the exception of the lights below and the millions of stars above. I could only imagine what the view during a day flight would be. Landed in STT no problems and my stepfather was there ready to pick us up. Got to SBRM and crashed. It was a long day and everyone was bushed.

Aug 14th:Day one
I was up early at 6am. Went out to the beach and sat for about 2 hours and listened to the waves before getting the boys up. We went to go grab the car at Dependable and hit Food Center on the way home for groceries. This would be pool gravity day. SBRM is right on the beach, and the pool is located on the point with the ocean surrounding 3 sides of it. So for us our "villa" gravity day is "pool" gravity day. Not a bad view.
Around noon, happy hour commenced and all were happy.
At some point we all left the pool, went and got washed up and headed out for dinner. We hit up Island Time Pub in Red Hook for some pizza's and drinks. We love this place, it's the first restaurant we go to when we get on island. Never disappoints and has a great view. We headed back to the Villa's and hit the hay, tomorrow was boat day!!!