What's your favorite STX beach?

Travel discussion for St. Croix
GotToGetAway

What's your favorite STX beach?

Post by GotToGetAway »

I'm considering a trip to STX for our next vacation. We've been to STJ the past 4 times, but we'd really like to experience a beachfront villa/condo experience and can't afford that on STJ. We're a family of 4 with 2 young kids (ages 3 and 5).

Can you share with me your favorite beach?
Tickerless :(
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Hi,

We try to get to STX 2-3 times each year. STJ used to be our favorite but now it's STX for the even more laid back atmosphere and the rgeat restaurants. We have a few favorite beaches on STX. On the far east end it's Smuggler's Cove; a bit east of C'Sted it's Shoys, and on the west end there are two: Rainbow and the beautiful Sandy Point (the beach at the end of the movie Shawshank Redemption).

We are villa people and some of the villas we have stayed in are listed below my signature. We have always rented through Vacation St.Croix with excellent results.

There are some nice beachfront villas on STX. Depending on your price range, try Lymin' Beach House; Sugar Bird Rest, Blue Iguana (although Iguana is north shore and takes a lot of wave action - might not be the best for the little ones), Whispering Winds, Solitude House. These are all directly on the beach.

I am returning with a girlfriend in June and we are staying at Amonoka. My husband and I stayed there in March and we loved it. We have another trip booked for December but are still debating accommodations.

For condos I would recommend Gentle Winds or Pelican Cove.

Happy planning!