Let the skiing begin!

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
Terry

Let the skiing begin!

Post by Terry »

Wolf Creek Ski Area is open with a 36 inch base and 8 inches of new snow!!! More than 1500 skiers and boarders rallied the area 10/8. It's one of the earliest openings in CO history.
piscesgirl0314

Post by piscesgirl0314 »

I had the pleasure of spending some time in Colorado over the summer...what a FANTASTIC place...LOVED Breck and of course Denver. SO much beauty to take in...its definately on the top of my list for places to visit again...we LOVED IT! :D
iowaguy

Post by iowaguy »

Thanks Terry! We are looking forward to both a Colorado ski trip and a trip to STJ this winter. I love both of them (though if I had to pick, I love the STJ trip more). Colorado is a beautiful state--I have never made it to Wolf Creek as its a little out of the way but the snow totals are always phenomenal.
---Jim
2muchsnow

Post by 2muchsnow »

Terry,

Yes, CO got the jump on us for the first opening. But some hardcores made first turns at Alta, UT on Friday. No projected openings in the Wasatch. But we skied till June (July 4th at Snowbird) this year, so I can wait a little bit.

Forecasters are saying that the La Nina pattern is has returned for a second year (and some long time ski patroller friends are saying the 2nd year LN is usually worse). shovel is ready.

see you on the slopes.
2muchsnow
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

tee hee hee, my very favorite topic other than STJ. Just sayin! Let the snow fall and the people enjoy.
Terry

Post by Terry »

A-Basin and Loveland are now open also. Won't be long before Vail and Breck are open. Snow is falling in the high country!
2muchsnow

Post by 2muchsnow »

Fall came back to UT. but passes are bought. gear is ready. Just waiting, waiting waiting. :D
Raphael69

Re: Let the skiing begin!

Post by Raphael69 »

Hi,
I'm Raph, i'm 25 years old and i would like to travel in France. I want to discover the beautiful landscapes of the french alps. I would like to ski in a station like meribel. I checked the weather forecast in meribel here : https://www.agencesaulire.com/5-7/merib ... ams-meteo/, but i don't know if it's in real time or not ? Do you know if it's the real weather over there or it was outdated ?
Thks for your anwser.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Tue Mar 22, 2022 5:07 pm.