Car wash between Red Hook and airport?

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
mindehankins

Car wash between Red Hook and airport?

Post by mindehankins »

Can anyone direct us to a car wash with a vacuum, between Red Hook and the airport? We need to vacuum our rental. Thanks!
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Minde- I think you are too sweet- don't think the car rental place will care- we take ours back sandy all the time and they never say a word to us!! hope it was a blast!
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

In the center of STT - near the big Kmart there is a very good car wash right on the main road. 775-7405 called -- Splash and Dash - they are easy and excellent.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks so much for the info!
E.R.L., these people at Amalie were so nice and obviously take great pride in their fleet! I just CAN'T take them the car with this much sand in it!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thank you again, Exit Zero! That was super easy to find :)
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

Glad it worked out - I wish I knew you were going there on a Sat. --- I would have told you to stop at the 'Lechon Truck' across the street from there - maybe the best BBQ and smoked foods ever -- to take out and onto the airplane - the whole plane would be seriously jealous.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

OHHHHH! That's SO funny! The whole time we were vacuuming, Blaine kept saying "something smells SO GOOD!"
I poked my head in the car wash place and didn't see anything that would account for such a delicious smell, but the scent made Blaine so hungry we had to stop at McDonald's next door!
I sure wish I'd told you it was a Saturday, cause I can vouch that something smelled just incredible :shock:
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

So, Exit Zero.....
Booked our next trip this afternoon, and one of my first questions is:
Is this barbecue place still open? I've been thinking of it for a year now :wink:
Can you give me any more details on where to park, etc, or is it pretty obvious?

Thanks!
Minde
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

bump for Buffalogal!
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

On Sat. the "lechon truck" is across the street right by the laundry// dry cleaners.
Parking is straightforward - the brisket, the lamb, and pretty much anything they serve is dry rubbed, smoked and//or BBQ - mostly to go food but I have seen some onsite chairs.
Easily tracked down by the aroma.