New Member - Lurker no more

Travel discussion for St. Thomas
VIlanders

New Member - Lurker no more

Post by VIlanders »

Hi,

I have been a lurker for several years, and thought it was time to join in. My husband and I have visited the islands since our honeymoon in 1966 on Bluebeard’s Beach (now location of Ritz-Carlton Vacation Club). We have been down at least once a year since ’95 right before Hurricane Marilyn. Although we stay on St. Thomas, we make regular visits to St. John with our rental cars and on the people ferry to stay longer in the evening. St. John reminds us how St. Thomas used to be. Both islands are very special to us after all these years. Now our children, grandchildren and friends enjoy the USVI with us.

I am happy to be participating in the Forum. :D
SOonthebeach

Post by SOonthebeach »

welcome VII! Glad to have you here!
Connie

Post by Connie »

Hi VI!! Welcome.

I'm sur eyou have alot to offer the forum and I look forward to any information you to contribute.

Again, Welcome!

When's your next trip??
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Hi VIslanders! Congrats on coming out of lurkdom! Looking forward to your posts! :D
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

Thank you all for your kind words.

Connie - We just returned two weeks ago from our latest visit. Re-entry is always tough. We are planning to go back again next February. Great to get away from the cold and snow.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

Since you have been to both islands so many times,just wondered what your favorites things at to do at both are? Welcome to the Forum. :)
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting
VIlanders

Post by VIlanders »

We love both islands and together they are the complete package for us. St. Thomas is larger and more developed with greater diversity. St. John is more relaxed and closer to nature. Both are full of history and have beautiful scenery, wonderful beaches, great restaurants and interesting shops.

St. Thomas is where we stay in the same timeshares each February. We enjoy being right on the beach overlooking the pool. We are not snorkelers except for occasional trips to the BVIs. Villas are great, but we eat out most meals and enjoy driving around instead of staying in one place. We especially enjoy taking the car to St. John and driving all over and stopping at beaches, hiking, and bar hopping. We enjoy our favorite restaurants,shops, and points of interest on both islands. Walking around Charlotte Amalie is always interesting. I know people complain about the traffic conjestion, but if you know when to go, it can be very enjoyable.

One of the greatest memories of all is seeing our friends we have made over the years.

By the way, Eagle Ray Lover, enjoy your trip in a few days.
EagleRayLover

Post by EagleRayLover »

VIlanders- Thanks for your insight on both islands and for your good wishes for a nice trip- we cannot wait!! I think you have found the best of both worlds in St Thomas and St John! :)
We are huge lovers of the undersea world and snorkel as much as possible when in St John, but I always love to hear about the other islands as well. Planning our first day trip to BVIs this trip so looking forward to another new adventure! :D
Leslie, Kids Night In Babysitting