let's play get to know the forum

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Terry wrote:Oops, CA Girl...I didn't realize you weren't finished. I say #1 is false.
that's two of us

I guess #4 on yours :oops:
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I thought this thread died! LOL!

You are all wrong! #3 is the lie! Although I climbed many trees in my childhood, I never fell out of one, nor have I ever broken any bones (does my little toe count?)!

Terry, I guess #2
Terry

Post by Terry »

Liamsaunt is correct with #3. I did live in Florida after college, but I never lived in Texas.

I do work for a public school system. I was a figure skater since age 9 and then turned pro at age 18 and continued on to teach for many years. Had a total hip replacement at age 50. (which was probably needed due to falling so much while learning jumps during those figure skating years!)
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I've already gone twice. Does someone want to take my turn?

Terry, I knew the figure skating and hip thing were linked! I'm off to watch my niece skate in a competition this morning :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
Terry

Post by Terry »

Best of luck to your niece. I really loved coaching and working with young skaters. Such talent out there.

What level is your niece skating at now?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I think freestyle 4 in what I saw today? Does that make sense? She has all the jumps except the axle. She competes in two clubs so I get confused. One is USFA, which is new as of about a year ago, and the other is her local club that she's been skating with forever. She's nine.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Three truths and a lie, high school rebellion style.

When I was in high school I...

1. had blue, pink, and purple hair.

2. obtained 11 body piercings.

3. ran away from home with a friend, and camped out on Boston Common for three nights before my parents tracked us down.

4. took my girlfriend to senior prom without getting advance permission from the principal, which led to the administration attempting to pass a rule banning same-sex couples from future school social events (it failed).
P-600

Post by P-600 »

Number 2?? Who would put themselves through the pain?
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

liamsaunt wrote:Three truths and a lie, high school rebellion style.

When I was in high school I...

1. had blue, pink, and purple hair.

2. obtained 11 body piercings.

3. ran away from home with a friend, and camped out on Boston Common for three nights before my parents tracked us down.

4. took my girlfriend to senior prom without getting advance permission from the principal, which led to the administration attempting to pass a rule banning same-sex couples from future school social events (it failed).
I'll go with #1 to normal 8)
California Girl

I'm going with #1 also. No self-respecting Goth girl would have pink hair! (would she?)
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

#1 is true. I also had red, white, and orange hair at various times. I changed it up every couple of months. It's amazing that it didn't all fall out. The only colors I never tried were black and green!

#2 is also true. Ironically, I developed an extreme senstivity to metal and had to take them all out. I cannot wear any earrings at all now, and I can only wear necklaces for a couple of hours, or I get burns where the metal touches my skin.
California Girl

Becky, are you allergic to nickel or do silver & gold also affect your skin? My niece is extremely allergic to anything with nickel in it and gets the same reaction.

Never black hair? I'm amazed...that's the first color I would have guessed! :lol:
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

1: I've been chased by a stripper's bodyguard
2: I've testified in a Federal court case and was treated as a hostile witness
3: I once saw Charlie Sheen go bonkers at a gate agent for a flight we were both on.
4: I've been told by a parent that their life would have turned out better had I not been born
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

pipanale wrote:1: I've been chased by a stripper's bodyguard
2: I've testified in a Federal court case and was treated as a hostile witness
3: I once saw Charlie Sheen go bonkers at a gate agent for a flight we were both on.
4: I've been told by a parent that their life would have turned out better had I not been born
I'll guess #1, you only dreamed a stripper's bodyguard chased you :P
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

No...it happened...