Have you seen this wonderful wedding video?

A place for members to talk about things outside of Virgin Islands travel.
bevm

Post by bevm »

I love that Becky!! Who's the cop that delivered you to the church?? Family member?
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

My parents had rented an antique Rolls Royce to bring me to the church. The church was kind of in the middle of nowhere, and one of the roads to it had a very long, steep hill. Well, about halfway up the hill the rear axle of the car broke--literally broke off--the wheel and axle went rolling off into the woods! So, we were stuck about 2 miles from the church in the middle of the woods. And, of course, the driver's cell phone was dead. :shock:

The policeman in the picture just happened to drive by and when he saw the broken car he stopped to see if he could help. I did not want to be late to my own wedding so I asked him to give me a ride to the church in his car. So, he did!

The policeman called the station and had them phone the church to alert people that I would be "arriving in style." He pulled up with the lights flashing and all the guests were out on the steps to witness my spectacular entrance.

I was not late to my wedding, and the story made all of the local papers. :D
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

Just like my wedding...except that it was nothing like mine.

I didn't see my wife walk down the aisle. She still is mad at me.

I was petrified and my 16 year old brother was of no use to me as the best man. the priest, sensing that I was about to puke, held me in the little antechamber too long. So, I left the room, and went to my designated waiting place. Of course, by then, the bride was in place at the altar and I was waiting off to the side.

She stood there, glaring at me and motioning for me to come over. I was fully in a daze and was waiting for her to walk down the aisle. Then, it hit me and I kinda moseyed over.

This comes, of course, after we left my house in the limo and my groomsmen left the programs at the house. We had to double back. When I told that story to the Mrs. immediately after the ceremony, but after communion, I quoted myself as saying "You forgot the F*#^ing programs". Of course, me being me, I dropped an F Bomb on the altar of a Catholic church.

Photo of us in the limo after the ceremony was blessedly done...

I used to have HAIR!
bevm

Post by bevm »

liamsaunt wrote:My parents had rented an antique Rolls Royce to bring me to the church. The church was kind of in the middle of nowhere, and one of the roads to it had a very long, steep hill. Well, about halfway up the hill the rear axle of the car broke--literally broke off--the wheel and axle went rolling off into the woods! So, we were stuck about 2 miles from the church in the middle of the woods. And, of course, the driver's cell phone was dead. :shock:

The policeman in the picture just happened to drive by and when he saw the broken car he stopped to see if he could help. I did not want to be late to my own wedding so I asked him to give me a ride to the church in his car. So, he did!

The policeman called the station and had them phone the church to alert people that I would be "arriving in style." He pulled up with the lights flashing and all the guests were out on the steps to witness my spectacular entrance.

I LOVE THAT!! Can't wait to tell Crash. He'll get a kick out of it, too!!
bevm

Post by bevm »

pipanale wrote:Just like my wedding...except that it was nothing like mine.

I was petrified and my 16 year old brother was of no use to me as the best man. the priest, sensing that I was about to puke, held me in the little antechamber too long. So, I left the room, and went to my designated waiting place. Of course, by then, the bride was in place at the altar and I was waiting off to the side.

She stood there, glaring at me and motioning for me to come over. I was fully in a daze and was waiting for her to walk down the aisle. Then, it hit me and I kinda moseyed over.

This comes, of course, after we left my house in the limo and my groomsmen left the programs at the house. We had to double back. When I told that story to the Mrs. immediately after the ceremony, but after communion, I quoted myself as saying "You forgot the F*#^ing programs". Of course, me being me, I dropped an F Bomb on the altar of a Catholic church.

Photo of us in the limo after the ceremony was blessedly done...

I used to have HAIR!
I love that too Rob!! While I was waiting to walk down the aisle the best man comes out and says,
"You have the rings, right?" I flipped my veil back and went off on him and was seriously ready to stroke-out! The Rev. came out and asked what was wrong and we then borrowed my uncle's and sister's wedding bands for the ceremony. Let me tell you when I walked down that aisle Crash was crying and for some reason I don't think they were tears of joy......
lprof

Post by lprof »

liamsaunt wrote: He pulled up with the lights flashing and all the guests were out on the steps to witness my spectacular entrance.

...what an entrance! ...and you look so calm.
...wonderful, funny, happy-ending story!
... no longer a stranger to paradise
lprof

Post by lprof »

pipanale wrote:
Cute, cute couple...she doesn't look so mad...
pipanale

Post by pipanale »

bevm wrote: and we then borrowed my uncle's and sister's wedding bands for the ceremony.
Your uncle married your sister?

Jesus...when we all played along that you were "special", I had no idea you were also from a family of inbreds!

Crash really is a saint. Married himself quite a lady ;-)
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Ok, here are some photos I scanned today. This was August 9, 1969 and Rick was home on leave from the Air Force... gosh we were cute! :lol:

My mom & me

Wakey

Post by Wakey »

Awesome pics & stories!
bevm

Post by bevm »

Gosh Margo, Rick looks so young!! I love your pics!! For some reason your mother reminds me of Edith Bunker in that picture!! And your gown looks Elizabethan with the puffy sleeves! LOL!
You know Rob, I often wonder if our marriage was ever legal??
California Girl

bevm wrote:Gosh Margo, Rick looks so young!!
He had only turned 20 five weeks before our wedding! He was young! (so was I, of course! :lol: )

As to my mom... I always thought Ethel Merman! LOL!
lprof

Post by lprof »

love the tender moments expressed in these photos...

love your expression listening to your mom...

you two were really young!
California Girl

All of our wedding pictures were candid. I have a few "posed" ones, but I never even got those printed. My deal with the photographer was for the wedding book, the proof sheets and all the negatives. :)
lark22

Post by lark22 »

I'm a wedding photographer, and I'm LOVING these! Fashions change, but the essence stays the same -- people in love.

(Becky, I especially love your arrival photo -- I've never seen anything like it (and I've photographed more than 150 weddings!)