DELETED

Travel discussion for St. John
DELETED

Jorge's Boat/Car Rental

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Xislandgirl

Post by Xislandgirl »

Can you put a roof rack on that for all my luggage?
Bob & Anita

Post by Bob & Anita »

...and if there are no parking spaces in Cruz Bay then just tie it to the dock or grab a mouring. In fact, you can just pull right onto the beach at the Beach Bar. It doesn't get any better then that.
Bob & Anita
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Very cool transport, Jorge! Count me in for the frequent renter fast-break program. Maybe you can get Cruzan to sponsor a couple of vehicles to help get your new venture going - decal them up with the Cruzan logo, have them provide some kind of a built-in bottle rack for Cruzan purchases. Hey - maybe you can even rent it already provisioned with Cruzan...sorry, we are taking that STX villa with the complimentary rum bar hanging on the wall and I've got Cruzan on the brain :lol:.
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
irbgolfin

Post by irbgolfin »

Sorry Jorge, you're 40some years too late. In the category of useless information that is for some reason buried somewhere in my brain, I recalled a local article from years ago about a guy who had just such a vehicle, production. He used to drive down to the river here in Cincy and take it in. Main issue was the amount of maintenance required each time after taking it in the water. Thanks to google, I found it.

http://www.amphicar.com/history.htm

http://www.amphicar.com/random.htm

There are others doing custom one offs for big $$$, but this was a production model that you could purchase at your local dealer, once upon a time. Guess he should have been selling them on STT/STJ. :-)

irbgolfin
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

Will do, Jorge - - take the pix, that is, not trust you - :lol: I'll try to get the pix taken before I turn on the spigots, can't promise good focus after that. In case you didn't see it when I posted it before, here's what I am looking forward to:

waterguy

Post by waterguy »

I'll rent it jorge if the girl comes with it
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »

How uncouth - :roll: ! I don't think you can do that - I think there is some kind of a two-stage process to get to the glass - the owner was telling me that there is stop in there that fills up with a shot and once that is full you can dispense into the glass. Might need to try to rig a bypass...might need an eng-a-neer.
waterguy

Post by waterguy »

BOATSRUS

Post by BOATSRUS »

DUDE!!! For a "single screw" (propeller for you land lubbers) that "thang" shore can move!!('8)')
I'd rather be in the boat with a drink on the rocks than in the drink with a boat on the rocks
DELETED

Post by DELETED »

DELETED
Margy Z

Post by Margy Z »