It’s been ages…

Travel discussion for St. John
Anthony
Site Admin

Re: It’s been ages…

Post by Anthony »

Here is a guide to the colors and icons - I think it answers the questions being asked. Let me know!
posting-key.png
posting-key.png (2.22 MiB) Viewed 1773 times
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Unread replies (in red) used to be on the top. Now unread replies are further down the list and not at the top. Sorry if this sounds confusing.
Image[/url]
Kentuckygirl

Post by Kentuckygirl »

It’s great to see everyone back here again! Thanks Anthony!!
Image[/url]
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

I wish it was everybody! Still a lot of work to do - I am trying to get to it! Thanks for stopping by! (too many exclamations points maybe?) :lol:
star2515

Post by star2515 »

Hey all.....I have been checking in on my OG STJ forum lately as we are set to be on island again soon. This was always my go to site for info when we first started traveling down to STJ. There was always such nice and helpful people on here and to see some familiar names pop up was nice to see. Hope we can migrate back here from FB. They can be such a stuffy crowd to say the least. I had a STJ post on FB rejected too recently......

Anyway hope everyone is well

--Ashley from NC
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

I am so happy to see people back here! I am also tired of Facebook and miss the old days of the forum. I was also thinking about how many friendships I have formed thanks to this place! Will be back more often.

nothintolose
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

It is great to see people trickling back in :)
I think the site is more friendly to use now and I hope it is working for everyone. We did make a decent start at updating but I really need a visit and some fresh content! Thanks for stopping by!

Post by Guest »

Wow, it has been ages! I came on here to see if I could hear more about Ronnie L. passing. It's fun to see some of the old names. Used to be so active on this forum, just might need to get back to it (and to STJ).
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Thanks for the links Ed - I am going to repost them in a separate thread. Ronnie was a special person - spending time with him was one of the things I missed the most after leaving St. Thomas.
Tracy in STJ

Post by Tracy in STJ »

So great to see so many familiar names - I used to be Tracy in WI but took the plunge 12/31/19 and now reside in Coral Bay. Thanks for the great tribute to Ronnie - I never had the pleasure to meet him.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Hey Tracy that is awesome - so you got down there right before the pandemic then? Do you know if the bell for Howie is still up at Skinny Legs? The last time I saw it was before the hurricanes and it was in bad shape - you could hardly read the plaque and no one working there even knew what it was for sadly. :(
ChrisRetired

Post by ChrisRetired »

Was finally able to get back 'on board' as ChrisRetired. For some reason, I could never get my earlier Chris@Work to log in (sorry Anthony). All that said, it's glad to be back and like memory lane returning to see so many familiar 'names'. Missing those no longer with us but so happy to see others. Happy New Year everyone.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

Sorry about that Chris but glad to see you made it! Happy New Year!!!
GraysonDave

Good to be back

Post by GraysonDave »

This forum is/was a good group of folks. I hope it gets going strong again.

Arriving on island Monday Jan 9, staying at Grande Bay. I think this is our 10th visit to the island. Will be the first time without a jeep. :shock:

So we probably won't get over to Coral Bay at all. But will visit Lovango for the day to check it out, and just take the taxis over to the northside beaches on the other days.

Maybe I'll do a trip review when we return. I used to love reading what others wrote.