Our move to St. John

Travel discussion for St. John
RickG

Our move to St. John

Post by RickG »

Final fruition of a plan I hatched in 1999, Sweet Christine and I are becoming St. John residents this year. We took our boat from the Chesapeake Bay to St. John and arrived in June. Our new to us liveaboard boat is Echoes and she will be staying in Coral Bay outside of hurricane season. This year she was in hurricane storage in Puerto Rico; next summer we'll be in Grenada followed by Trinidad, Colombia, Panama, Bonair/Aruba/Curaçao and ports in between.

Echoes goes back in the water October 21. We have a lot of work to get her ready for cruising. We'll be over at Jost Van Dyke for Foxy's Cat Fight October 25-27 and racing with friends on a 52' catamaran. The plan is to head over to Cruz Bay Sunday October 27 or Monday October 28.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
Wanda Creech

Re: Our move to St. John

Post by Wanda Creech »

Congratulations! You did it! You are one of the lucky ones!
Beach Creecher
inuny

Post by inuny »

Rick,

I've been following your posts (and sailing tips) for years. You've always provided excellent advice and have been an asset to travelers on the St John boards. I will look for you, Christine, and Echoes this winter (I'll be on island in 2 trips for 5 weeks!).

Ellen
RickG

Post by RickG »

We'll be the white 43' monohull with blue canvas (I know, they all look alike) flying a pink pig from our flag halyard.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Congratulations I am very jealous you have to keep us posted with your sailing adventures
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Rick, that's awesome!!! Thanks for keeping us posted - will keep an eye out for you when we are there 12/4-12/18.
Image[/url]
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

Rick-Congratulations! I hope you and Christine have a great time. We will be on St John next June. I will look for your boat in Coral Bay. The pink pig will be a great help in that regard. Best wishes, Helen
Pickle

Post by Pickle »

Congratulations, Rick and Christine! I wasn’t aware that your plan was hatched in 1999 - a few years before we even started visiting St. John. Here you are 20 years later... after a lot of planning and hard work (that seems to continue), I imagine. I’m sure you know that another forumite and her husband, who “soon lived” in WI, are also moving to St. John. Their home is in Coral Bay so you all will be neighbors. :)
Sending best wishes to you all...
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

Rick, Congratulations and all the best to you and Christine for realizing your dream!

@Pickle, I know the WI couple you mention and so envy them! Had a chance to finally meet them this past May/June and got a tour of their Beautiful Coral Bay home!
Jan&MikeVa

Post by Jan&MikeVa »

You guys know how happy we are for you! We will miss your stops in Hampton, but will look forward to future visits in the islands! Wish we were going to be on Jost, but we head straight to STJ the 24th! See you when you get back to Coral Bay.
Again, CONGRATULATIONS to a dream come true...…...proud and happy for you and Christine :D :D
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Congratulations Rick & Christine, wishing you all the best. So happy for you both realizing your dream!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

cindygad

Post by cindygad »

Congratulations. How exciting! I have never met you but have followed your posts for years. We will be back in January and will watch for flag of flying pig! Enjoy! Keep posting your adventures!
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Fantastic! Congrats to you and Christine!
If you're anchored in Coral Harbor on Leap Day 2020, stop by Skinny's after 8 Tuff and I'll buy you both celebratory painkillers. :)

Also, I think you need a signature boat drink and I'd call it the Pink Pig.